Welbeck is a welcoming, friendly and competitive tennis club
The Following code will help to achieve our aims:
1. Respect all members and visitors to the club.
2. No swearing on court or abusing any person, racquet or equipment.
3. Offer encouragement not criticism.
4. Encourage fair play at all times.
5. Players should be suitably attired in tennis wear and correct non-marking flat soled tennis shoes. No football shirts please.
6. Always ensure your name is in the booking ledger before going on court. Our booking procedure is as per booking policy, play longer if no one is waiting, do not block book courts.
7. Wait until a suitable break in play before walking through the courts and when entering or leaving the courts, do so as quickly as possible.
8. Do not leave litter, drinks bottles and discarded chewing gum on the courts and leave the pavilion clear of drinks, cups litter, etc.
9. If you are the last to leave the club ensure that all the courts and the pavilion are locked.
10. Sequence of play on club nights will be in strict order of people arriving or becoming available for play. There will be no selection of couples to the exclusion of others. No tournament matches to be played on club nights.
11. Ensure all visitors are entered in the visitors’ book and the £3 visitor fee is placed in the collection box in the pavilion
12. New members receive a copy of the Code of Conduct with their membership application.