Welbeck Tennis Club is a welcoming, friendly and competitive tennis club.
The following code will help all club members to achieve our aims:
1. Respect all members and visitors and treat each other with dignity.
2. No swearing on the courts or abusing any person, racquet or equipment.
3. Offer encouragement, not criticism.
4. Encourage fair play at all times.
5. Players should be suitably attired in tennis wear and correct non-marking flat soled tennis shoes. For matches, we encourage our team players to wear at least one item of clothing with a visible Welbeck Tennis Club logo (polo shirt, fleece, hoody, etc). No football shirts please.
6. Always ensure your name is in the booking ledger before going on the court. Our booking procedure is hourly only (except for clinics, coaching sessions, club nights/afternoons, team practice sessions which are all usually more than a hour). Again, they should still be in the booking ledger. You can play longer, if there are no other members waiting to come on the court.
7. Wait until a suitable break in play, before walking through the courts and when entering or leaving the courts, do so as quickly as possible.
8. Do not leave litter, drink bottles, discarded chewing gum on the courts and leave the club house clear of drinks, cups, litter, etc. Ensure the club house is kept tidy at all times.
9. If you are the last to leave the club, you must ensure that the courts and club house are locked. Make sure the switches, plugs and heaters are turned off.
10. Sequence of play on club nights will be in strict order of people arriving or becoming available for play. There will be no selection of couples to the exclusion of others. Remember fair play for all. No tournament matches/individual league matches will be played on club nights.
11. Ensure all visitors are entered in the visitors' book and the £3 visitor fee is placed in the collection box in the club house. However visitors, who are invited by club members and accompany them on the Monday social nights and Sunday social afternoons, can play for free up to four times per year. After that it is expected the visitor will become a member of Welbeck Tennis Club.